Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The last ride and more



The last ride made me think that some folks needed a little more encouragement to get out and ride. The founders are aware that there are other commitments. We are having rides on Saturdays and Sundays. We will be having late afternoon weekday rides as the days get longer.
That brings me to ride points.
Lately I have been awful at remembering all your names. So while riding I thought how could I get all riders names but not sound so bad. I needed a way to have names written down. This led me to ride points.

There will be ride points given for each ride. Usually 1 point per ride unless other factors appeal to me. Rain rides will be honored with 5 points per rider. Founders will not qualify.

I am generally not using this blog for personal writing. The countdown calender doesn't count as it shows when I can be a full-time fossil and full-time rider. But I digress.

I will be having radiation therapy for 6-8 weeks for diagnosed and removed breast canser. So this may interfere with my plans as I am hoping to have a mid-summer barbecue @ my house. This will all depend on how I feel. There will be one when the rewards will be given for ride points and ride points will count towards Goddess Awards.

"In the Wind" will still be awarded to those who ride daily to work or use their scoot as their daily ride.

Finally, I am still choosing a name for the new scoot. Please send your ideas in comments.

Look for another post about new members.

shiftless sister

No comments: